Monday, February 2, 2009

The Devil's Playground

For Groundhog day, I'm showing an older piece (2006). Even though I usually claim not to have favorites, this is one! I worked on the mask for a while - till the vision was complete and many of my demons showed their faces. You know what they say about an idle mind....not that I have one, but I'm aware of the possibility. Needless to say, but I'll say it anyway, I try to keep busy.

I made the mask at the ICS in Hungary. It is raku and survived both the fire and the journey home!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I followed from BC.
    Just wanted to say that your masks are absolutely beautiful.

    Um, wow (sorry :( but that's all I have at this point).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It also plays into the notion of one person containing many personae within-- each with their own dark side!

    ReplyDelete