Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Power Play

Here is yet another mask that suggests struggle. Sometimes it feels like everything I do involves a choice....between right or wrong, good or bad, stubborness or complicity, etc., etc.. To my way of thinking, the devil/angel scenario says it all. Life is a constant battle between forces, but just imagine how dull it would be without the choices!

The mask is raku fired and finished with colored pencils and matte varnish.

I have a kiln going right now and am eagerly awaiting the results. I think most ceramists feel like it's Christmas morning when opening the kiln - I know I do!

1 comment:

  1. for some reason i can't leave a comment on the above post. which is what i am talking about. i really love that piece. the arms coming out, i think are especially effective. excellent. thank you for sharing so much of your work. i have been slacking on commenting.

    ReplyDelete